Sunday, December 26, 2010

Before there was Callas there was Tori Amos

at least for me...
She was my first love. My sister introduced her to me in 1993. Then a good friend gave me her first two CDs, the only copies he had, at his birthday party (one of the most mysterious I've been to). I think this changed my life forever. Even with opera singer parents it was Tori that passed me the drug, which started the habit I would never kick. Fascinating this perfomer. I've seen her twice in concert. Once in Zürich in 1996 and then in Naples in 2005. She supplies instant tears and hours of goosebumps. Tori forever!

"Neil makes me sleep" Neil Gaiman and his Tori doppelgänger character Delirium from "The Sandman".

1 comment:

  1. I dont know much about Tori, but if she is like Delirium from the Sandman that doesnt make me want to change that....

    ReplyDelete