Sunday, December 26, 2010

How does it become my own

I am studying this aria. Want to find ways to make it my own and figure, I'm not trying to free anyone from prison nor have I in the past (I'm sure Lorraine Hunt Lieberson would have aced this role). Am I angry? No. I have been. Am I sad? No, but I have been that too. So, what to do?
"Komm Hoffunung, lass den letzten Stern der müden nicht erbleichen. O komm, erhell mein Ziel, sei's noch so fern! Die Liebe wird's erreichen, ja, ja, die Liebe wird's erreichen."

Well, how many years, heaps of money, tears, nerves, relationships (even) have been spent so far? How much have I yet to invest? Who knows. I've obviously not arrived yet. But I believe I can and I wish to. So, what must I venture? Anyway... I ask for hope to continue and light my way and show me my goal before I'm too tired. Who or what will help me? Love, in all it's shapes and forms. So: LOVE!

This is Christa Ludwig's favorite role btw besides the witch in Humperdincks "Hensel and Gretel".

No comments:

Post a Comment