Sunday, December 26, 2010

How to become a Singer

I love how someone can just walk in, stand there, and already be funny. This woman! We've seen her before. It's so great and so true! She packs it all in humor, but the basis is true. Even the part about knowing cases where people paid to sing in opera. My friend Akiko told me that it's pretty common in Japan.

"A glorious voice, period." That says it all. And even though media has lent us other options, let's face it, that's what we want. My first real voice teacher said that people should be at the edge of their seats out of excitement and not in order to hear you better. Another mentor of mine said that if you have the ability to seduce with your voice, the audience shouldn't have to seduce your voice out of you. Just a thought.

I guess it makes me feel quite ordinaire that I also have visions of me hojotoho-ing in the winged helmet and brass bra :) When it comes to Wagner I prefer Bayreuth to the MET though...


No comments:

Post a Comment